PR Account Manager
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a PR Account Manager to join our ambitious, specialist High Vis team who lead on all marketing and communications activities for our clients across the built environment, including household names and global businesses.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of high-profile PR accounts that will see you develop industry, sector, and product focused campaigns. You will thrive on developing news angles, stories and pitches as you build relationships with key media contacts. You will have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy talking to journalists and other members of the press to achieve high profile coverage for our clients at both a regional and national level.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our clients’ businesses, objectives and briefs and be able to develop PR communication strategies, often as part of integrated campaigns.
- Oversee implementation of communications plans including research and idea generation; writing coherent and factually accurate press releases; writing well-informed copy for trade corporate and business publications; interviewing case studies; managing clients’ social media accounts; writing awards; event management etc.
- Brief designers, photographers, printers, and other suppliers in a knowledgeable and precise manner
- Monitor the campaigns you have implemented to ensure they are delivering against agreed client and agency objectives.
- Be responsible for all financial aspects on your accounts, and our commercial Ways of Working.
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships, acting as the primary day to day contact for selected clients. You will become a trusted advisor to senior clients.
- Have the ability to present a compelling argument to your clients while taking on board the opinion of others.
- Ensure that all members of your team are always aware of all activity on your accounts.
- Provide excellent client service and proactively recommend ideas to drive increased business.
- In-depth knowledge of the workings of the national, regional, broadcast and online media
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key journalists.
- Drive the media relations programme for clients as laid out in the agreed programme of activity.
- Develop news angles and place stories in a cross section of print, broadcast and online media.
- Proactively seek and identify publicity opportunities to ensure that the maximum level of coverage is achieved for your client, project etc.
Who will you be?
You will either be an existing PR Account Manager looking for a new role, or a Senior PR Account Executive looking for the next step up the career ladder.
Most significantly, you will also have a real passion for writing compelling content including news releases and features. However, you will also be just as comfortable writing content for social media, newsletters and other elements of the marketing mix. Ideally from an agency background you will be commercially aware and business savvy.
You will have outstanding organisation skills with an ability to manage multiple projects at once. You will also be used to working towards client KPIs and analysing PR coverage through written reports and data analysis.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of relevant experience.
The salary for the role would be £28,000 – £32,000 depending upon experience. If this sounds like the perfect role for you then send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .