Events and Hospitality Coordinator
WAA Chosen is a marketing communications agency with high profile clients in three sectors main sectors; automotive e.g. VW, food & drink e.g. Britvic and home / construction e.g. Geberit Bathrooms. In 2020 we will be launching our brand new ‘Collaboration Campus’ which will enable us to host agency and client events. To manage this new offering, we are currently looking to recruit a very strong, proactive, highly motivated Events Coordinator.
The Event Coordinator will be required to organise, manage and drive the agency’s portfolio of events from start to finish to the highest level of service. The role will include the following responsibilities:
• You’ll lead the agency experience team, which includes our Front of House Manager and Office Junior
• Showcasing the venue to prospective clients in a warm, engaging manner and carrying out follow up activities to maximise conversion
• Coordinating and leading each event including; meeting and greeting clients, handling any queries and troubleshooting on the day to ensure that all runs smoothly
• Networking and business promotion to be undertaken on a regular basis to drive awareness and engagement with our new space – you’ll be the ‘face’ and ‘voice’ of the events arm of the business
• You’ll also play an important role in the day to day management of the office, spotting opportunities to improve internal processes and procedures and making recommendations for ongoing improvement and efficiency
• You will also be responsible for organising regular (and fantastic) agency social events for our internal team
Who will you be?
• You may not have worked for a marketing agency, but you’ll have a solid background in the corporate events / hospitality industry – with an exceptional eye for detail, friendly welcoming personality and a passion for exceeding guest expectations.
• You will bring this experience to life within the agency, by introducing new ways of working, spotting opportunities for improvement and making recommendations
• You’ll ooze energy and positivity – with outstanding communication skills and a positive ‘can do’ attitude which means that you see opportunity in every challenge
• You’ll go above and beyond to deliver an excellent service to clients, always striving to strengthen and improve the client experience
• Passion, pace and positivity will play a huge role in your success and this is an exceptional opportunity to take complete ownership of this new aspect of our offering to clients
The starting salary would be £24,000 – £28,000 per annum depending upon experience.
Our standard working hours are from 9am – 5:30pm, although a flexible approach would be required to manage events which fall outside of working hours on occasion.
Although the work is largely office based, you’ll may need to travel to visit clients, partners, sponsors and other suppliers. You must therefore hold a valid, clean driving licence and have suitable business level car insurance.
In order to apply, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org