Diageo Training Consultant x 2
We are on the look out for two brand new Diageo Training Consultants to join our rapidly expanding team. This is an amazing opportunity to work with Diageo – a global leader in beverage alcohol with iconic brands in spirits and beer. WAA Chosen manages and runs the Diageo Bar Academy and our objective is to train over up to 10,000 bartenders this year and thereby contribute to Diageo’s key objective of growing the spirit category. As a result of ambitious growth plans, we are looking for two additional trainers to join our team, one being based out in the field in the North and the other in the South.
You’re main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Be an acknowledged expert in the latest training methods, mixology techniques and the latest views in the licensed trade
- Develop excellent spirit product knowledge through coaching, training and practical demonstration
- Ensure customer service standards are first class and we have a clear, well developed approach to engagement and selling, delivered through a rigorous training program
- Be an ambassador of Diageo’s core values and culture, ensuring these are widely practiced and supported
- Represent Diageo at trade events to demonstrate key category principles
- Support Diageo Category team with outlet activation (bespoke solutions)
- Always operate within the Diageo Marketing Code / Diageo Digital Code / Portman / Drink IQ guidelines
- Present yourself professionally at all times with agreed levels of kit.
- Show responsibility for personal admin (expenses / work diary / post training feedback to Diageo / WAA Chosen / Lock Ups / stock etc)
Who will you be?
- You’ll be able to keep abreast of the current trends at all levels of the drinks industry on a global level and be a credible expert to advise client and customers on how those trends impact their businesses
- Be an expert in the production of both Diageo and competitor spirits and beers in order to offer credible advice
- You must be an expert mixologist with the ability to create new drinks to meet customer needs at all levels of the UK bar industry from mainstream pub groups through to luxury hotels, restaurants and bars
- Be able to present credibly to a varied audience ranging from bartenders through to corporate management
- You’ll be at ease creating industry leading customer cocktail menus and offering expert advice and solutions for customer menu needs
- You’ll be a self-starter and manage many and varied client and customer relationships
- Expert time management in order to prioritise effectively and deliver multiple projects to time
- Be an expert in the bartender community staying aware of community opinions and influence and influencers in order to offer a credible bartender perspective for client and customer conversations
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week. Your normal place of work will be at home and various venues across your specified area.
Please note that you must hold a valid, clean driving licence and have suitable business level car insurance as travel to client sites will be a requirement of the role.
The salary for this role would be £25,000 – £35,000 inclusive of car allowance per annum depending on experience. In order to apply, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org