What’s the opportunity?
WAA Chosen is a marketing agency based in Sutton Coldfield with an impressive national client list and now we’re looking for an IT Apprentice to further strengthen our team. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to kick-start their career and become a well-rounded professional. You will be reporting into the Group IT Manager who will offer support and mentorship throughout the apprenticeship. You’ll also be working closely with the digital team on back-end projects.
As an apprentice, you will learn while you work (with 20% of your time being dedicated to learning and development) and will be supported to achieve a nationally recognised NVQ qualification.
You will cover a wide range of duties (so no two days will be the same!) that will include:
- Providing first line support and advice on PC and Mac hardware, software, networks, telephones, mobile phones, copies, printers, AV equipment queries etc
- Set up and configuration of new and repurposed computers, telephones, mobiles etc
- Pro-actively assisting all members of staff to efficiently and effectively utilise the company’s IT assets
- Basic server troubleshooting across Microsoft, Linux and Apple operating systems
- Fundamental Office 365 administration
- Support the digital team with web development and maintenance tasks, gaining experience of web development technologies and development best practice
- Support the management of LAMP stack environments including configuration and updates
- Undertake training in scripting/coding languages to support the digital team
Have you got what it takes?
- A passion for helping people and providing great customer service
- You’ll be personable and outgoing, of a confident nature and willing and able to act on own initiative
- You’ll be a problem solver: always looking for solutions and positive outcomes
- A good understanding and interest in basic IT functionality and computing terminology
- You’ll demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and assimilate new knowledge
This is a fixed term role (37 hours per week) for the duration of 15 months, with the possibility of an extension. The salary is £7,800 per annum.
If you’re the perfect fit for this role please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to:
Lucy.Oliphant@baltictraining.com with the subject line ‘WAA Chosen IT Apprentice’