We are looking for a Group IT apprentice to support our team. The WAA Group consists of two main businesses, WAA Chosen and Send DM. WAA Chosen is a marketing agency based in Sutton Coldfield with an impressive national client list. We support our clients to improve their businesses’ through advertising, digital, PR or social media ideas. Send DM is a thriving direct mail business based in Aldridge, West Midlands.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic IT Apprentice to kick-start their career and become a well-rounded professional. You will be reporting into the Group IT Manager who will offer support and mentorship throughout the apprenticeship. You’ll also be working closely with the digital team on back-end projects.
- Providing first line support and advice on PC and Mac hardware, software, networks, telephones, mobile phones, copies, printers, AV equipment queries etc
- Set up and configuration of new and re-purposed computers, telephones, mobiles etc
- Pro-actively assisting all members of staff to efficiently and effectively utilise the company’s IT assets
- Basic server troubleshooting across Microsoft, Linux and Apple operating systems
- Fundamental Office 365 administration
- Support the digital team with web development and maintenance tasks, gaining experience of web development technologies and development best practice
- Undertake training in scripting/coding languages to support the digital team
- Support the management of LAMP stack environments including configuration and updates
Have you got what it takes?
- A passion for helping people and providing great customer service
- You’ll be personable and outgoing, of a confident nature and willing and able to act on own initiative
- You’ll be a problem solver: always looking for solutions and positive outcomes
- A good understanding and interest in basic IT functionality and computing terminology
- You’ll demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and assimilate new knowledge
Salary and hours:
Office hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm. However flexibility of work times will be required
Duration: 15 months
Salary: £7,800 per annum
If you’re the perfect fit for this role, then please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to: Keely.email@example.com