Diageo Training Consultant – London
There are very few agencies in the UK that can celebrate over 30 years of success and a client list including Europe’s best loved drinks brands, household names from the supermarket shelves and iconic businesses from the UK building industry. As a result of phenomenal growth and expansion, we are looking for a brand new Training Consultant to join our Diageo team.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with Diageo – a global leader in beverage alcohol with iconic brands in spirits and beer. WAA Chosen manages and runs the Diageo GB Bar Academy and our objective is to train over 15,000 bartenders this year and thereby contribute to Diageo’s key objective of growing the spirit category. In order to meet that objective, we are looking for a brand new additional to our team and the successful candidate will have the experience and ambition to develop into a team leader.
- Be an acknowledged expert in the latest training methods, mixology techniques and the latest views in the licensed trade
- Develop excellent spirit product knowledge through coaching, training and practical demonstration
- Ensure customer service standards are first class and we have a clear, well developed approach to engagement and selling, delivered through a rigorous training program
- Be an ambassador of Diageo’s core values and culture, ensuring these are widely practiced and supported
- Represent Diageo at trade events to demonstrate key category principles
- Support Diageo Category team with outlet activation (bespoke solutions)
Ways of Working:
- Always operate within the Diageo Marketing Code / Diageo Digital Code / Portman / Drink IQ guidelines
- Present yourself professionally at all times with agreed levels of kit
- Show responsibility for personal admin (expenses / work diary / post training feedback to Diageo / WAA Chosen / Lock Ups / stock etc)
- Establish relationships with the Diageo team, responding quickly to their requirements and always giving a positive impression of the agency
- Establish relationships with the WAA Chosen team by spending proactive time at the Sutton Coldfield office where possible
- The ability to communicate, inspire and persuade with exceptional problem-solving skills and proactive thinking
- You’ll have a clear track record of delivering training and developing teams and a high level of product knowledge in spirits and cocktails
- You’ll be able to demonstrate success within the on trade business with experience of creating and delivering training programs
- You’ll be excellent at time and expense management
This is a fixed 12 months rolling contract (the contracts have been extended for the last 10 years + and we expect this to continue in the long term).
In order to apply, send a copy of your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com with the headline of Diageo Training Consultant.
The salary for the role is: £30K – £35K depending upon experience and you’ll be based in various locations across central London.