Diageo Bar Academy Training Consultant (London)
This is an amazing opportunity to work with Diageo – a global leader in beverage alcohol with iconic brands in spirits and beer. WAA Chosen manages and runs the Diageo Bar Academy and our objective is to train over 30,000 bartenders this year and thereby contribute to Diageo’s key objective of growing the spirit category. As a result of phenomenal growth and expansion, we are looking for an additional DBA trainer to join our team based in London.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the following:
- Lead spirit and beer brand tastings, food pairings and educational events that showcase your expertise and the quality of the client spirit and beer range
- Liaise with business brand partners and the head of Diageo’s Customer Collaboration Centre (CCC) to ensure that the relevant mixer brands and cocktail ingredients are in stock and displayed in the correct way in the CCC on-trade space and ensure constant availability
- Manage the CCC on-trade cellar space with the support of the Diageo QE team to ensure perfect draught dispense for any meetings that require it
- Manage the CCC packaged beer, cider, soft drink and mixer stock to ensure that the bar fridges reflect the latest category data and ranging guidance
- Manage the CCC cocktail equipment and glassware to ensure all client and customer needs are met and the latest trends in equipment and glassware are reflected and available for client and customer use
- Maintain the CCC on-trade area to high standard and create a positive impression through any and all interactions with client or customers
Who will you be?
- You’ll be able to keep abreast of the current trends at all levels of the drinks industry on a global level and be a credible expert to advise client and customers on how those trends impact their businesses
- Be an expert in the production of both Diageo and competitor spirits and beers in order to offer credible advice
- You must be an expert mixologist with the ability to create new drinks to meet customer needs at all levels of the UK bar industry from mainstream pub groups through to luxury hotels, restaurants and bars
- Be able to present credibly to a varied audience ranging from bartenders through to corporate management
- You’ll be at ease creating industry leading customer cocktail menus and offering expert advice and solutions for customer menu needs
- You’ll be a self-starter and manage many and varied client and customer relationships
- Expert time management in order to prioritise effectively and deliver multiple projects to time
- Be an expert in the bartender community staying aware of community opinions and influence and influencers in order to offer a credible bartender perspective for client and customer conversations
The above qualities will be utilised by Diageo CCC users to support the aims and ambitions of the meetings they host at the CCC. You’ll be able to support and guide them in centre use and how you can best support their meeting to achieve their aims and ambitions.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week. Your normal place of work will be the Diageo Collaboration Centre (Parkway, NW10 7HQ) and various locations across London.
This is a fixed 12 months contract (with scope to secure a rolling contract after the initial period, whereby the contracts have been extended for the last 10 years + and we expect this to continue in the long term).
Please note that you must hold a valid, clean driving licence and have suitable business level car insurance as travel to client sites will be a requirement of the role.
The salary for this role would be £25,000 – £35,000 per annum (inclusive of car allowance) and depending upon experience. In order to apply please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org